Who and What is Covered
The Anglican Diocese of Adelaide provides a Car Leasing Scheme for clergy and church employees. Under the car lease agreement between the hirer and the Synod, the Synod is responsible for ensuring that leased vehicles are comprehensively insured. The cost of motor vehicle insurance is included as part of the lease repayment however any excess payable under the insurance policy, including any age and inexperienced driver excess/es, is payable by the hirer upon repair. Note:- the hirer may be responsible for an excess where:
(a) the vehicle or other damage is caused by the hirer
(b) the details of the other driver are not obtained or the details are insufficient; or
(c) where age or inexperience driver excesses apply.
What to do in the event of an vehicle accident/incident:
- obtain the full Third Party details (ie. name, address, mobile/phone number and vehicle registration number). This information should allow the insurer to waive an excess should a Third Party be at fault. Without this information, the excess will apply and chances of recovery will be somewhat slim.
- immediately notify SAPOL and lodge a police report. Note: - Claims for theft or malicious damage cannot proceed without a Police Report Number or Online Crash Report Lodgement Number
- immediately notify the Synod in writing (via firstname.lastname@example.org) of any accident, loss or damage to or destruction of the lease vehicle or injury to person or property involving the leased vehicle.
SAPOL provides drivers with advice on what to do if you are involved in a vehicle crash which can be found here https://www.police.sa.gov.au/your-safety/road-safety/report-a-crash
How to make a claim
The Hirer or Driver must:
1. Report the event to Diocesan office via an email to email@example.com and include:
- the driver's name at the time of the incident
- time and date of the incident
- whether the vehicle can be driven or has been towed etc
- Third Party details as above
- SAPOL Police Report number or Online Crash Report Lodgement Number as above.
- any photos of the damage (only if available).
2. A claim form will be issued which and must be fully completed by the driver of the vehicle. A pre-filled claim form can be found below or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The hirer will need to obtain a repair quotation from either the hirer's preferred repairer or the insurer's partnered repairer.
If you would like to utilise one of the Insurer’s partnered repairer’s located within the area, please right click on the hyperlink below which should take you to the following CGU partnered repairer page.
Click on Find Repairer & you can locate a repairer either by post code or suburb.
4. The completed claim form and any photos should be scanned and returned by email to email@example.com.
5. Once the claim has been authorised by the insurer, the vehicle can be booked in for repair at the nominated repairer. The payment of any excess will be required upon collection of the repaired vehicle.
Note: Any Letters of Demand or Proof of Loss documentation received by the hirer or driver of the vehicle following an accident/event should also be directed to Diocesan Office.
Should a hirer or driver have any further questions on how to report or make a vehicle claim, these can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org